The SNU Lab School intentionally places a high level of priority on the social-emotional development of every student. It's been part of our DNA from the very beginning.
Our intention is to provide all students with tools to solve problems, recognize appropriate and inappropriate choices, develop strategies for making good choices, and develop self-discipline.
Students engage in daily social-emotional learning that question, challenge, and require self awareness for character growth.
Each student checks in each morning with their teacher. Beginning in Upper Primary students meet with their Advisor to focus on setting, tracking, and reflecting on goals.
We provide our teachers with professional development and workshops so they are able to leverage the most recent research in their evaluations of students in the following areas:
- Self-Awareness & Self-Management
- Shows Emotional Awareness
- Shows Emotional Regulation and Focus
- Social Awareness & Relationship Skills
- Recognizes Feelings / Perspectives of Others
- Establishes and Maintains Cooperative Relationships
- Constructively Resolves Interpersonal Conflict
- Responsible Decision Making
- Independent Decision Making
- Problem Solving in Groups